Innovation Capital: An Emerging Source of Competitive Advantage
“Our study of hundreds of S&P 500 CEOs shows some are better than others at building this quality that separates them from the pack, what we call innovation capital — an intangible capital that helps you win backing to turn novel ideas into reality.”
via Chief Executive
Line of Business Leaders Drive New IT Spending in Europe
European companies are forecast to spend $399 billion on IT in 2019. More than half of that spending (58.9%) will come from the IT budget, while the remainder (41.1%) will come from the budgets of technology buyers outside of the IT organization.
Digital Games Revenue will Reach $200 Billion
Digi-Capital forecasts that games industry software and hardware combined revenue could drive well over $200 billion by 2023, and tracked a record $5.7 billion investment in games companies in 2018.
via Digi Capital
Why U.S Investment Leads Global IT Market Growth
According to the Forrester outlook, a weakening global economy will cause the worldwide technology market’s growth to slow from 5% in 2018 to 3.8% by 2020. However, the U.S. market is forecast at $1.46 trillion in 2019, that’s 6.3% growth.
Augmented and Virtual Reality Market Update
“The largest number of Augmented and Virtual Reality deals by category in 2018 were in core tech, games, photo/video, solution/services, enterprise and smartglasses. However, there was a broad range of deals across 21 other AR/VR categories last year.”
via Digi Capital
Industrial and IoT Blockchain Global Market Upside
The latest worldwide market study finds $174 million in Industrial and IoT Blockchain spending today and predicts the market will expand to $573 million by 2023 – driven by encouraging pilot project results and ongoing corporate investments.
via IoT Analytics
Digital Games Investment Reached $5.7B in 2018
The Games Report Q1 2019 tracked companies raising $5.7 billion in 2018, which was over twice the previous record investment from 2017. Epic Games’ $1.25 billion was the largest round raised last year, and the largest non-IPO games investment of all time.
via Digi Capital
Global Merger and Acquisition Trends Update
Global M&A value dipped lower in November as dealmakers cope with unsteady political conditions and falling asset prices. However, despite the year-over-year drop in monthly deal value, the year-to-date total for 2018 — $3.3 trillion — has exceeded the amounts seen in each of the last two years.
U.S. Banking Investment in Fintech Start-Ups
U.S. financial services firms are actively investing in fintech startups. In 2018 (YTD 11/21), the top 11 U.S. banks by assets participated in a total of 49 equity rounds to fintech startups. This compares to 19 in 2017 and 33 in 2016.
via CB Insights
Digital Transformation Investment will Reach $1.97 Trillion
Across the globe, savvy CIOs and CTOs are deploying a wide variety of new technologies to enable their digital strategies. A hybrid IT infrastructure is the norm, where on-premises systems coexist with public cloud service offerings. Together, these ICT platforms create the foundation for an evolving suite of software applications and associated digital business processes.
You must be logged in to post a comment.